Premed 101 Forums

Penn State vs Wayne State

Guest thmper

Guest thmper

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has any information on these schools. I have to put down a deposit on one of the schools and I can't decide which is a better school. I would appreciate any information. Thanks a bunch.

Thmper

Guest Chieka

First of all, congratulations on receiving acceptances to both schools. That is quite an accomplishment! :D

As to deposits, I'm pretty sure that Wayne State's is fully nonrefundable. As BrainDrain noted, there are some schools that give you a deadline for a refund. Wayne State is not one of them, though.

I don't know anything about PENN state, but I interviewed at Wayne. I was not too impressed with their large class size and the fact that my tour guides said that there really was no point going to class, considering everything was on line. Just my $0.02.

I think Mnarewal may be better informed. Also, you can check out the forums at the American premed site http://www.studentdoctor.net.

C.

Guest WesternGirl

Hi Thmper,

I interviewed at both schools last year, and personally, I liked Penn State better. I thought the campus was nicer, seemed to be in a safer area, the program was more to my liking (more PBL) and it's close to the chocolate factory (what could be better!). I was really impressed with the hospital.

The advantages of Wayne State are the bigger city, probably more busier hospitals and good clinical experience, possibly closer to home (depending on where you're from). I believe tuition is almost the same at both places, providing you're not in-state.

Is there one you liked better during your interviews?

Archived