Premed 101 Forums

Anyone called yet?

Guest happy2bme

Guest happy2bme

I am just curious if anyone has been called yet to set up an interview time? I want to book a flight asap, do they call people living outside Winnipeg first?

Thanks all!

I was called on Friday morning to set up a time. She said that my essays, etc, weren't there yet, but becase it was getting down to the wire she had to get them set up.

g

Guest Lurkergonepublic

I'm in Calgary and I haven't heard from them. I confirmed all my material was in last week, and was told someone will call you soon on Thursday. Today I called myself, but Lorraine who schedules appears to be away sick. I sent an email (3rd in 3 weeks about an interview time, and about when I can't come for sure), so hopefully I will hear something soon.

One of my referees hasn't even received anything from Manitoba yet :\

They haven't contacted me to set up a time yet either and I'm hoping it'll be soon because I'd really like to book a flight!

Madz

Guest fever meds

Madz25

get on the phone right ASAP. Call Beth Jennings. The referee should have recieved letter a LONG time ago, if last year was any indication (they had them out by around November I believe).

I informed Christie Struch of the situation when she told me that 2 of my references hadn't arrived. I contacted those referees and one had mailed it a few days earlier (she also had not received any word from Manitoba until last week!) and the other never got anything. I provided Christie with the referee's email address and she said she would use that. So hopefully things are OK now.

I'll confirm with my referee and Christie on Friday to make sure everything is in order. I'm surprised they didn't call my referees about the missing reference since they had their phone numbers.

I'm just worried that they haven't called to set up an interview time. I would really like to book my flight so I have my fingers crossed that they'll call by the end of the week.

Madz

Guest happy2bme

Still havent' been called in alberta............I've tried calling Christie, it goes straight to voice mail. I can't interview on the 18/19 and want to do both my reg and special on one trip so I hope she calls soon.

Guest Lurkergonepublic

In my continued pestering of the UofM today, I got ahold of Lorraine, who schedules inteviews. She's been away sick all week but is just back today. Obviously she's swamped, but when I called she let me pick my interview date (and even time). You should hear from her soon, or call her if you want.

I won't post her number so she doesn't get too overwhelmed. If you really want it you can find it.

I just got my interview time. Lorraine had offered a slot for the 4th, but she allowed me to get another slot for the following sunday. Now comes the waiting and preparation...

Guest silverjelly86

VS12, if you're scheduled in one of the later weeks (or even the first week), they haven't sent the e-mail confirmations yet (I just called). Apparently, they're sending them in order of your interview date - so the 4/5 first, then the 11/12, then 18/19. Anyway, yeah . . . Lorraine said not to worry; they're getting to them.

Archived