Premed 101 Forums

ReferenceNow - not receiving mailed letters?

Guest jacksonchan85

Guest jacksonchan85

Hey there,

Using ReferenceNow to handle letters of rec., but apparently one of my referees sent a letter of rec plus the cover form via regular mail to referencenow during the end of March, and yet, the letter hasn't shown up on my account yet!

Did anyone who used ReferenceNow experience these problems?

I would ask my referees to fax the letter, but I think it's long distance, so I don't know how much I should pay them for the charges

Thanks for any help or input :P

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I used ReferenceNow last year and had all my referees send in their letters electronically, i.e., via uploads. This was an extremely efficient way of assembling the letters and providing the referees and myself with notification as soon as the letters had been received. Perhaps you could ask your referee to upload the letter electronically? It doesn't take much time at all, and is free from fees.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest studentz

Hi Kirsteen,

How does that service work for schools that require letters to be printed on official stationary? Can the people send the letters to them by mail and then have them photocopied each time they are to be sent out?

Thnx.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Quite often hospitals and universities have electronic copies of their letterhead upon which letters may be typed, so these versions could be sent to ReferenceNow electronically. If your referees don't have such luxuries, then yes, they can fax or mail their letterhead-ed letter into ReferenceNow and the letter shall be duplicated and sent, as is, to any schools you indicate. In my experience, it was a really neat and efficient service. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived