Premed 101 Forums

Calgary resources for living

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Here in Toronto we have a few great resources for ultra-fresh produce. One of them is the St. Lawrence Market: a huge, open market filled with vendors of fresh fish, meats and veggies. Is there anything equivalent in Calgary? Are there any farmers markets that pop up, perchance? :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest bananacreampie

Hey Kirsteen,

There are a couple of places like that. One that I can think of is the Crossroads market in the southwest just off Blackfoot trail, there is another one just down the street from it that is pretty big. On saturday mornings in the summer, there is a large farmers market at Millarville, a town just outside Calgary, I have heard it is great, but haven't managed to make it out there yet. It might be fun to go sometime in August. There are also various little ones throughout Calgary, I know last year there was a mini-farmer's market every wednesday afternoon in the parking lot of Northland Village Shoppes pretty close to the med school. It wasn't too bad and you could get some neat stuff.

I am sure this isn't the whole list either, and in the summer there are fruit stands at many street corners selling fresh BC fruit (Cherries :P ) and in the fall stands selling Taber corn.

cheers, bcp

Guest Kirsteen

Fantastic, bcp! :D

I'm really happy to hear of all those good grub resources. I'd imagined that Calgary would have some good bits to offer. Taber corn is a new one to me though. :rolleyes

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived