Premed 101 Forums

Academic Medicine

Guest sally2001

Guest Kirsteen

Hi sally2001,

Thanks for posting that wild link! I saw a fair number of my profs on there, and woo, that one prof from the UofT school of business--he makes almost as much as Dean Naylor (from the Faculty of Medicine!). In any case, I always pop down to my local Starbucks for my venti latte and there's often a really great guy down there at the crack o' dawn who is a UofT engineering prof. I was telling him about that file this morning and his response: "Oh, I know that link VERY well--what do you think we use to ask for raises?!".

Academic medicine is quite alluring to me too. Do you go to UofT perchance? If so, when you have the chance, do go and see our new Vice President and Provost, Shirley Neuman speak. She's a wonderful role model, seemingly a great humanitarian, a visionary and a phenomenal public speaker.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest sally2001

kirsteen,

actually i don't go to uoft but i've always admired your school for its excellence in research. really unparalleled in canada from what i can see. who knows.. maybe i'll end up there for an md or a phd :) thanks for the tip about shirley neuman. i'll stay alert for any speaking engagements i hear she's at.

take care

Guest sally2001

PS Kirsteen,

the uoft engineering prof you mentioned wasn't by any chance adel sedra of sedra&smith fame.. he's the author of THE textbook of microelectronic circuits... with an annual salary from uoft of $258K... :) it would be a funny coincidence if it was..

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there sally2001,

I don't think that was the name of the prof that was in the file--it was a name of Asian origin. I'm totally out of the circuit (pardon the pun) when it comes to engineering texts, so that one went flying right on by.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

• 2 years later...

Archived