Premed 101 Forums

OSAP.. and waiting.

Guest 0T6

Sorry for the double post (p084.ezboard.com/fpremed101frm48) but Med101 seems to be dead since it's buried way down deep.

I have a question about applying to OSAP.. I've been accepted at Ottawa but waitlisted at UT, so I'm provisionally accepting Ottawa. Now I want to apply for OSAP ASAP (hehe) but what happens if I apply saying I'll be attending Ottawa, but then end up going to UT? Is it easy to change or will I be indicted for fraud and get kicked out of med school for having a criminal record? ;)

Thanks!

Guest cmitchelca

I don't think there would be a problem changing it at the last minute. I applied for osap for grad work and then at the last minute decided to do more undergrad at another school. They had no problems making the adjustments and changing the amount (which gave me more!!).

You won't get in trouble as long as you tell them as soon as you know that there has been a change.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest anony27

Hi - does anyone know if OSAP considers medical school as "graduate" (master's or doctoral). The website is asking me if I want to apply for OGS (Ontario Graduate Student Program) or for OSAP, which is for "post-secondary" but isn't sepecific about whether medical applies.

Thoughts?

Guest UWOMED2005

Sorry to break this to you, but for most purposes associated with medical school. . .

YOU'RE STILL A LOWLY UNDERGRAD!! :eek

Unless the university or government wants to withhold benefits from you or or it's more convenient. . . in which case they'll classify you as something different.

Med students are eligible for OSAP, not eligible for OGS.

Archived