Premed 101 Forums

Internet Plans?

Guest oO0chickpea0Oo

Guest oO0chickpea0Oo

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of any internet+cable bundles that are discounted for students? I know I've heard of them, but I can't remember the company now. I really can't afford to pay $80/month for this stuff...thanks!

~pea~

Guest Raucus Bacchus

I just got Cogeco hooked up today, very fast.

They have basic cable and high speed internet light/standard and it is reasonable. That is just TV and internet though. I don't know too much about the bundles with cell phones etc.

Guest oO0chickpea0Oo

Hey Raucus,

Is that bundle about $80/month? I think I saw it, which is reasonable if you split it with roomies...But do you know about any of the student packages? Also, did you have to pay huge connection/installation fees?

~pea~

Guest Raucus Bacchus

Well, it isn't 80/month, it will be about 50 or so per month, and the first payment was 175...that encludes first month of TV and internet + all the installation stuff.

At least that is what I understood it to be...will see when I get my first bill!

Cheers.

RB

Guest CareBear15

Hey,

I called Cogeco up a couple of weeks ago...

With the high speed internet it's 24.95 for the first 3 months and then 44.95 thereafter with a 24.99 installation fee.

If you bundle cable with that, the most basic cable would be 23.50/month with an installation fee of 79.99.

I think it's pretty good pricing but I'm not gonna have cable this year... I hope I will survive.

Good luck!

Guest turtle

that seems like the same pricing as for Roger's, though with Roger's the installation (for internet) is free. Not sure if there's an installation fee for the cable...

Yeah, I dropped my cable when I moved back in June - mostly 'cause I was getting it free at my old apartment & now I can't afford it (can't live without the internet though!) - but, really, once you get out of the habit you won't miss it at all. And you'll have so much time for other things!!

turtle

Guest Raucus Bacchus

Hey again guys.

Well I am not so sure about what I have any more.

I wanted basic cable and standard high speed internet. I think that they bundled my internet with the super-charged cable package with all the specialty channels. I am not around until later on next week. I will need to straighten out what I am getting and what I am paying.

Sorry for any nonsense that I may have said incorrectly.

Guest marizzle

Hey Guys,

If you sign up for Cogeco Internet at Future Shop, you pay $44, you get the first month free, the next two months are $25/mo and then it goes up to $45/mo. BUT, you get a $100 Future Shop gift card with it, so you can buy whatever electronic item your heart desires. The deal is the same regardless of where you sign up for Cogeco, so you might as well get the gift card. (You can use it for a wireless router like I did).

Marizzle

• 1 year later...

Archived