Premed 101 Forums

final gpa problem

Guest coldspell

Guest coldspell

hi,

i interviewed at queen's this year, just got my final grades, and have run into a problem: my cumulative / last two years gpa has dropped to 3.58, which is under the minimum 3.59. if i get an offer of admission, will it be rescinded? i emailed anne cumpson, but i was wondering if anyone here had any insight, before i start panicking.

thanks!

Hey Coldspell,

I can tell you that in the Meds '06 class, where our minimum cutoff was 3.57, there's at least one person who held on to their acceptance with a 3.55 final GPA... so there's always hope! (That said, I wouldn't want to be too quick and bother the Admissions Office about it too much until acceptances were out, just in case... don't want to annoy the wrong people... :) )

Good luck!

Guest Lisa88

I was under the impression that the admission admin people we get in touch with didn't have anything to do with the decisions, expect for sending out the rejection/waitlist/acceptance letters ...Are some of them actually involved in the selection process (i.e. read the essays) ?

Ah, that was meant partly as a joke, hence the :) Sorry about that, I know exactly how everyone's on edge right now - hang in there, one more week! What I was meaning to say, was that there's no need to start calling up now before the acceptances are even out yet. If there are any close calls GPA-wise, it'll be the admin staff that'll be contacting the Admissions Committee people for final word, and it always helps to be polite, considerate and nice!

• 3 years later...

Archived