Premed 101 Forums

Accomodations

Guest drews97

Guest drews97

Hopefully someone from Kingston can help me out. I missed the opportunity to billet so unfortunately I need to stay in a hotel. Can anyone recommend a relatively cheap hotel that is near the university. The most important thing is that it is relatively close because I have never been to Kingston before and don't want to get lost!! Thanks in advance!

Guest ozymandiasking29

Hi,

I haven't been to Kingston before either, but I spoke to the reservation manager at the Holiday Inn there and according to her the hotel is less than 5 min's away from the university by car. It's $79/night if you tell them you're there to interview for med school. Good luck!

Guest DonaldKaufman

Hi,

I haven't been to Kingston either, and I was thinking of staying at the Sheraton - it's $95 a night, and I think it is really close to the university, although I might be wrong.

Maybe I'll see you there.

Guest JSS02

I stayed at the Holiday Inn last year when I interviewed at Queen's. I don't think it's the closest hotel (probably a 15 minute walk... which sucks when it's freezing cold) but it's not bad, and if you have a car then it'd be great.

Guest RAK2005

The closest hotel to Queen's is the Four Seasons on King Street. It is a 10 minute walk ( or $3.50 cab ride to campus) to main. I've never stayed there, so I can't comment on the quality. I did stay at the Raddison on Ontario Street (for 99 bucks two years ago) and it was nice, with a view of Lake Ontario... 15 minutes to campus (it is really close to the Holiday Inn). All things considered, I'd go for price, and cab in to your interview (so as not to panic if you can't find the CEC!).

Guest drews97

Hey, thanks for all the help. I got a place at the Holiday Inn. Luckily I arrive in early enough on Friday that I'll be able to check out how long it's going to take me to get to the university and where I need to go. I'm really looking forwards to seeing queen's, it looks beautiful (especially coming from the U of C which is less than pretty)!! Hope to see some of you there.

• 3 years later...

Archived