Premed 101 Forums

VERY IMPORTANT RE: Residence Info

Guest RAK2005

Guest RAK2005

Hey there all... those who received a package that contained residence info SHOULD have also received an ADMISSIONS letter as well ! There was a screw-up in the admin dept. and they mailed out some letters with residence info only. Bummer, but the GREAT news is that you WILL get an acceptance letter to confirm this shortly. If this situation includes you, I would recommend a quick call to admissions to clarify when you'll get an acceptance letter.

Congrats to all, and sorry to let you know about this in this manner.

RAK2005:

I can't believe this. Does this apply to everyone who received residence info??? I received residence info from Victoria Hall on friday and it was send on May 29th. Is there any chance that this might NOT mean I've also been accepted?

Thank you for posting this, I've been going crazy all weekend. Is there any point in contacting the admissions office today? Could they be there working on the problem on a sunday?

You really made my day, thank you!!!!!!!

Guest Beaver

Rak2005 I got some residence info on Friday from Queens (Toronto resident) are you positive this means I have been accepted?

Thank you so much for posting this info, you totally made my day, Thanks your the best!!!!

Beaver

Guest RAK2005

I know this because one of my best friends got accepted through this crazy residence letter, and he called the office to confirm. Indeed they said they screwed up. I also got a secondary confirmation of this from a Queen's 2nd year student. HOWEVER YOU GOTTA CALL TO BE 100 % sure. If they can screw up residence letters, who knows what else they messed up on. That being said, the residence letter is great news... they don't send that info out to those who are outright rejected, I can tell you that.

Beaver and cjb (sp?) call this morning... Please post your responses.

Later... and congrats ;)

Hey RAK2005 and Beaver:

It was good news as was predicted! I called to confirm this morning and was told that I would be receiving an offer by mail shortly. This afternoon, I received my letter!! I am extremely happy! Thanks for everything!

Beaver, I hope all went well for you too :)

Guest RAK2005

Welcome to Queen's !! Cgb you'll be really happy coming here. I was really pleasantly surprised by how nice K-town is. Have fun with the rest of your summer and if you have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask.

Guest Beaver

Thank you for providing the tip early on :)

I did phone Queen's, actually the number was in the rez package I got and they confirmed my acceptance over the phone with a letter to follow shortly in the mail.

Thanks again, that was really cool of you to find out the info for everyone. It is much appreciated!!!!!

the beav

• 4 years later...

Archived