Premed 101 Forums

Graduate Applicants

Guest rugbyscott

Guest rugbyscott

Hi, just wondering if anyone who has applied as a grad student and got an interview in this cycle could let me know something.

Is there a minimum of graduate courses to be considered for when they use you final year of undergrad and then your grad courses for your gpa to make the cutoff. I took three courses for my MSc, and am wondering if that's enough. Any info would be great. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest purplefairy13

I'm also a grad applicant (interview this weekend :P )

I'm taking 4 courses/semester, which is considered a full course load (8/year)....but then again, my masters is course based; maybe they look at it differently if you have a research component. I think that if your program director says its a full course load, then it is (a bit like if they tell me the sky is pink, i'll put that on my exam...:rollin )

Good luck

PurPLeFaiRy13

Guest QueensMSc

As a Queen's grad student, I know that the university only requires you to fulfill the course requirements for a grad degree at your school.

Here at Queen's (for a thesis based MSc) the requirement is 4 half courses (2.0 full credits) over two years.

Hope that helps.

Guest TritonX100

I am a graduate applicant and received an interview in April. My MSc was a research/thesis based and required me to take only 2 courses (half-year, semester, however you want to look at it).

Archived