Premed 101 Forums

Textbooks

Hi, does anyone know which textbooks we use in first year or where to find this information? I have some books from undergrad anatomy/physiology courses and I'm trying to figure out if any of them are also used in first year and whether it would be worth it to lug them to ottawa. thanks.

Hey Amethyst,

At the beginning of each block you will receive a list of suggested materials. None of them are mandatory. For your first block...it is pretty much meant to get everyone on the same page, seeing as everyone comes in with various backgrounds. So there isn`t really one text that works for it...you cover anatomy, genetics, some physiology, embryology, histology (I think ?) and some biochem, maybe some other stuff that I don`t remember, all things you may have done in undergrad. I didn`t buy any texts for that block and I am not sure anyone did. But if you have books from undergrad bring them, they could help you out. Power point presentations and some notes the profs gives are all online and you also get them in printed format. Often these notes are sufficient. But you may want to consult a text if you need further clarification. Whether you buy a text, get it from the library or use online sources, really depends on your preference and how much you like the subject.

Hope that helps :)

Archived