Premed 101 Forums

Does the Ad Com Know about interviews at other schools?

I don't think they know, unless you bother to tell them.

However, most students who apply to Ontario schools get interviews at many different schools. It is not unusual to run into the same people at a Queen's interview, then at a UWO interview, etc, especially when the interviews are based strictly on cut-off scores without subjectivity.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

what about marks?

lets say you have a solid 3.75, but if they go through your transcript, they see that anatomy and physiology (or any other important course that is extrememtly med-school-like) were 3.0s. Will they care? or is your cGPA the bottom line, and your marks on individual courses irrelevant for admission purposes?

what about marks?

lets say you have a solid 3.75, but if they go through your transcript, they see that anatomy and physiology (or any other important course that is extrememtly med-school-like) were 3.0s. Will they care? or is your cGPA the bottom line, and your marks on individual courses irrelevant for admission purposes?

depends on the school. I know U of T can see your mark breakdown for individual courses and will ask during the interview if they see something odd (they asked me during my interview). Other schools like Queens and Western can't see your transcripts.

• 4 weeks later...

I happened to bring up my marks at the Queen's interview, and one of the interviewers showed me that they only information they had about me was from my sketch (formatted to fit onto 1 page). Queen's doesn't care about your GPA/MCAT once you get to the interview stage. What a blessing!

The interviewers don't actually know what schools you applied to or got interviews in, but interviewers may assume that you have interviews at other schools. Since the requirements for many schools are similar (eg. Queen's/Western), it is highly likely that if you have a good GPA/MCAT, you will get interviews at multiple schools. Therefore, you should be prepared to answer the question of why you would want to choose that particular school over other schools.

• 1 month later...

I know a person who applied to Dalhousie both medicine and pharmacy.

This person applied to pharmacy at U of T. Dal didn't take the applicant on the reason that they couldn't make up their mind on which profession they wanted to do. I don't know if the applicant told Dalhousie that they applied to both, I do know that this person is finishing pharmacy at U of T. thought i would throw this out to anyone thinking of applying to other things.

Archived