Premed 101 Forums

Where is every one

I've also noticed it's quiet in here....just so people know I changed my username from 24medgirl to medgirl during the move to vBulletin.

Also I have a dumb question, but thought someone could answer it - what is everyone wearing on Monday? Dressy or casual? Or somewhere in between?

Thanks!

T.

Go casual.. but you're student ID photo is taken (which also goes into class profile) so ripped up tee might not be the best. You've got time to dress like a pro during the oath ceremony.

Now that I've got coffee in me I can be more coherent :) The next 2 weeks are gonna be a ton of fun, I just got the o-week sched yesterday and it toook me back, WAY back, to last year, and it'll be great being on the other side and seeing you guys have a great time :)

I'm around, but frantically trying to get my life in order (moving).

A question..is there a shower at Roger Guidon? If I want to bike in, am I stranded in sweaty bike clothes or can I clean up? Or should I just cave and buy a bus pass?

Does anyone else feel like they are 8 years old again, anxiously awaiting the first day of school, hoping that amongst 100+ people there will be at least one potential buddy? My sister was trying to pick out my outfit for my 'first day of school', maybe that's why I feel like I'm 8!

I totally understand what you're talking about ELC. I know a few people that are going to be in the class, but none very well, so I do feel that I hope people are nice, I can make friends etc. kind of nervous feeling. As far as clothes go, I was thinking fairly casual but not dumpy :P I'm normally more of a casual dresser, the "business casual" pains me, but it'll be something to get used to... Anyways, I'm excited. Hope everyone's nice :)

I just remembered I was wondering about one thing, in the orientation package, it says that registration is from 8-11 or some long stretch of time like that, so does everybody show up at 8? And if so, does the registration really take 3 hours, and if it does what do you do during this time?? I'm just being a paranoid freak at this point :P

awww no worries miss83, if meds10 is a bunch of jerks there's always the cool kids in meds09. KIDDDDDING i'm sure u guys are way cooler than us fogeys!

umm 8-11, yes get there at 8! you register which is key cause if not they'll call people off the waitlist at noon. seriously. then you sign up for things like the semi formal, OMA, med law games, stuff like that. then you line up for student cards which takes a while, so you'll either be waiting for ur card, or have taken ur card and waiting for the aesculapian society. oh but it's not waiiting! it's primtime to meet your classmates!

Everyoneloveschem! I'll be your friend!!! :P I'm glad to hear I can go casual -I think jeans and cool top and funky shoes might be in order. I was at the school the other day and had my student ID done then. Am Soooooooooo looking forward to next week and the next 4 years. I also feel like an 8 year old waiting for school to start!

Yay!

T.

Hey guys,

Count on me as friends as well. I had a very bad experience in my last program at Queens. Every one was so competitive and not very friendly. So I really hope to find good friends as well. I haven’t decided what i 'll wear but Jeans is a MUST. I am moving on Sat so not a lot of time to adjust. I was thinking that for those who don't mind to be none by their actual name, maybe we should some how meet during the registration. See you all

Azadeh

I have to buy a watch. I've never worn a watch mostly because I either had a cell phone to refer to for time or working in a hospital, there were clocks everywhere. I'm wondering should I get a digital one (not as pretty but very practical for I would assume bps etc and for running/training) or a regular one (much prettier! :)) with a third arm for seconds?

T.

Archived