Premed 101 Forums

French Program (CNFS)

Hello,

I am in the francophone program in 2nd year.

I would say 95% of our classes are in French. The school does their best to get French-speaking lecturers (they even bring them in from Montréal sometimes) but sometimes they are unsuccessful so we have class with the anglos in that case.

Textbooks are generally in English. There are a few that are available in French, however, they are generally more expensive. So, reading material (apart from notes) are in English generally.

The francophone program also has cliniques simulées. Where every other week we are presented with a scenario...actor (patient) and a real physician are there during the scenario and afterward they both give you feedback on how it went.

Also DAC (dévelopment des aptitudes cliniques) is a little different in the French and Anglo program. The anglo program seems pretty structured, I don`t have the details on it. The franco program you are paired with a family physician...I had a great experience with it last year. But the skills you acquire and the experience you have depends on the doc, the pts that come in etc...so it is a little less "standardized" it seems than the anglo side.

Hope that helps

Sats

Archived