Premed 101 Forums

ottawa research?

hi guys,

i heard that ottawa only wants us to expand on PUBLISHED research.

i have not published anything. i obviously want to leave my three research projects in my sketch, so the other schools will have access to them.

what can i leave in the publication field for ottawa if there was no formal presentation of results anywhere? just a dash or an x? i'm wondering if this would be frowned upon. i obviously won't make up a poster presentation i presented at :P

hi guys,

i have not published anything. i obviously want to leave my three research projects in my sketch, so the other schools will have access to them.

what can i leave in the publication field for ottawa if there was no formal presentation of results anywhere? just a dash or an x? i'm wondering if this would be frowned upon. i obviously won't make up a poster presentation i presented at :P

It's ok to leave the research section blank if you really haven't done any or published any. There's people in the meds 09 class who have not done any research at all. It won't be the be-all-end-all of your application :)

It's ok to leave the research section blank if you really haven't done any or published any. There's people in the meds 09 class who have not done any research at all. It won't be the be-all-end-all of your application :)

i have done research....(e.g., honors thesis, nserc etc.) i just have never published anything or spoken at a formal conference etc.

hi guys,

For some reason, I don't think that's true because the vast majority of medical school applicants have no publsihed.

i have done research....(e.g., honors thesis, nserc etc.) i just have never published anything or spoken at a formal conference etc.

My apologies, I was speaking somewhat generally. I had done an honors thesis paper but I didn't list it anywhere on my application and it all worked out.

Archived