Premed 101 Forums

Did you guys verify something like this??

I'm getting worried because I talked to a fellow student and he said that for the schools that need verifiers, you should be verifying everything you can. Apparently, some people with good stats are denied each year because they make mistakes and forget to put verifiers. If you miss a verifier your response to a given question is disregarded (ie. 0 points).

I made a statement about my family doctor, "one of the most inspirational individuals in my life is my family doctor". I didn't use his name in the response but should I still be putting a verifier in there, maybe a family member or someone who knows that I have a family doctor.

I don't think you have to verify everything from your personal life. Nearly everyone has a family doctor. So, why would one have to verify something like that? If for instance, someone mentioned their mother's illness, I don't think one would have to provide a verifier for that.

I think one should provide verifiers for their activities, awards, special skills, and education. But that's about it.

i'm having a hard time verifying mac number 2 and number 5??

Number 5 was ok for me because I used situations from the workplace that have allowed me to develop my time management skills.

Number 2 I don't think you have to verify because it's more of an opinion question. I didn't have verifiers for that one.

I'm just wondering if people are verifying only specific things or general concepts as well?

I only verified activities I did. So, for example in my one of my Queen's questions, I talked about a patient I met. I didn't verify that I met her and whatnot, but I did verify the activity during which it occured. I don't think they are that anal about stuff like that, they just want to make sure you don't say you raised a million dollars for some orphanage in South America and not provide a verifier.

Archived