Premed 101 Forums

Problems with website

Guest Apollo

Guest Apollo

Hey all,

I've noticed something weird about the website. After searching for a particular keyword in any of the forums, I get a list of threads matching my search query, as expected. But when I click on any of these messages, the following error message appears:

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forums/showthread.php could not be found on this server.

Apache/1.3.37 Server at http://www.premed101.com Port 80

Does this mean that the thread has been removed for some reason? If so, why has it been removed? Is there any way to recover a removed message?

Thanks for the help

Hey all,

I've noticed something weird about the website. After searching for a particular keyword in any of the forums, I get a list of threads matching my search query, as expected. But when I click on any of these messages, the following error message appears:

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forums/showthread.php could not be found on this server.

Apache/1.3.37 Server at http://www.premed101.com Port 80

Does this mean that the thread has been removed for some reason? If so, why has it been removed? Is there any way to recover a removed message?

Thanks for the help

The server took a big poop a few months ago and there was lots of threads that were lost. If you go back to the old forum you'll see that Ian setup 'Temporary' forums because of this server bowel movement (I don't know what really happened - software/hardware/someone with malicous intent).

Perhaps the thread you're looking for was lost?

The old ezboard server got hacked into awhile back... and the clown deleted a lot of posts. Ezboard spent a lot time trying to restore the forums from their back ups, but unfortunately, not every deleted post had been backed up by ezboard. So, we lost a bunch of posts. Unfortunately for the search function - what we didn't lose was the subject line of the thread. So, it may appear that we have a thread on for example "purple space monkeys" but in reality, the only thing left of the thread is the title and the posts were all lost. There is no way to recover these messages.

Archived