Premed 101 Forums

MCAT OMSAS release

Guest canucker

Guest canucker

Hey,

I released my MCAT scores to OMSAS last night around 7pm or so but according to the website they won't be uploaded to OMSAS until Monday night (status is still "Pending"). Now, the OMSAS site says that MCAT scores must be released by October 13th. Does that mean that the request must be made by the 13th or that the scores must be received by OMSAS by the 13th? I tried calling OMSAS but they're not open on the weekend and as one can imagine I'm starting to get nervous about this whole thing. Thanks for any help.

Guest canucker

Thanks for the reassurances Smurfette. andy, it's weird, I'm pretty sure I remember the OMSAS site saying we had until the 14th to release. Like Smurfette mentioned though OMSAS does need your AAMC id so get it to them ASAP. Cheers and good luck to all!

I'm...uh...super-confused. Does everyone need to email OMSAS? Isn't it sufficient to submit the scores using THx alone? I'm just worried because according to the OMSAS website, my MCAT scores are still not recieved, but the THx site says that my submission request is complete.

So, how do I go about emailing OMSAS? And, what information do I need to include? Thanks.

Just wait a couple days, the OMSAS won't be updated the minute you've released your scores through THx. Check in a day or two and it should say received

I'm...uh...super-confused. Does everyone need to email OMSAS? Isn't it sufficient to submit the scores using THx alone? I'm just worried because according to the OMSAS website, my MCAT scores are still not recieved, but the THx site says that my submission request is complete.

So, how do I go about emailing OMSAS? And, what information do I need to include? Thanks.

Hi

That email was only if you were unable to provide an AAMC id when you were filling out your OMSAS form. If you did, no worries, when you release your MCAT it should show up in a day or two. If not, you need to email them with that id number that was on the same page as your scores.

When you email OMSAS, just make sure that you use the number they gave you when you submitted your app so they look at the right file.

ahh right, ok, sorry for the inaccuracy of my advice above then. I wrote last year as well so I already had an AAMC id that i put in my omsas app before submitting it, so I guess that's why i only had to release it through THx and then it showed up.

Hi

That email was only if you were unable to provide an AAMC id when you were filling out your OMSAS form. If you did, no worries, when you release your MCAT it should show up in a day or two. If not, you need to email them with that id number that was on the same page as your scores.

When you email OMSAS, just make sure that you use the number they gave you when you submitted your app so they look at the right file.

Archived