Premed 101 Forums

For the Pharm grads out there

Guest FungManX

Guest FungManX

**This was posted in the British Columbia part of the forum but I wasn't getting much replies so maybe I could get some more feedback here! TIA (btw for those of you that dont' know, the lowermainland is BC's more populated area.. "Up North" refers to the less populated areas in BC)

So, my friend today tells me a little conversaion that she had with her manager at Shoppers Drug Mart (she's a pharmacy volunteer there).

Basically what the Pharm manager says is, "Well, this year Shoppers D.M. overhired 7-8 people in all of the lower mainland, Save-on's overhired 20-25 people.." and goes on for a while talking about numbers..

Then the manager says, "It is true, there was a shortage 2 years ago, but now, the shortage has pretty much been looked after. There might still be a problem up North but it is probably really minor now with all the recent pharm grads... I know a few students this year that are gradding and they are having a pretty hard time finding jobs in the field"

So..... pharm guys/girls what's your opinion on this?

Should I just stick to nursing..?

And also.. if you have any information on Hospital Pharmacy I'd be interested in knowing as well.. Retail pharmacy really isn't my thing so yeah, is the Hospital pharm. job outlooks still good for the next 10 or so years?

Archived