Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Dates

hippie

Hi guys, I really have no experience with this.

I'm planning to take my MCATs this summer and was checking the dates, it seems that we can take exams in April/May/June/July and august.

Let's say I take the exam in may, will I be able to take it again in august in case my score wasn't good enough? which session would you recommend?

How often will I be able to take the MCAT exam?

You may take the MCAT exam a maximum of three times per year, but can only register for one testing session at a time. Documentation is no longer required if you have already taken the exam three or more times.

from the AAMC website...

The times closer to summer will probably be more competitive. For the MCAT you are graded by how everybody else did. Ie: you may do great in bs but if several people did better than you, your score will be lower.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work quite this way.

From what I understand, you are scored against others who have the same passage/question. AAMC recycles questions, shuffles them up, and uses them on multiple tests and sittings.

You're right, I guess they changed it = P

That's pretty good then, if I don't like my results I can take it again later that year... but likely I'll take it the year after

Will med schools know how many times you've attempted the MCAT?

Yes. I think unless you took the MCATS like 10 years ago, now, when you send your scores to med schools, you have to send all your scores. You can't selectively choose which scores you send.

Archived