Premed 101 Forums

CIHR-IRSC masters bursary

AMmd

I was wondering if you guys knew what the average is needed to apply for a CIHR masters bursary.

I am considering applying for it. coz i'll do a masters if i dont get into med school this year...

I also heard they are looking at the last two years... if thats true, does this year count as the last?

Thanks

I was wondering if you guys knew what the average is needed to apply for a CIHR masters bursary.

I am considering applying for it. coz i'll do a masters if i dont get into med school this year...

I also heard they are looking at the last two years... if thats true, does this year count as the last?

Thanks

The CIHR Master's scholarship is not based solely on grades. They consider your extracurricular activities, characteristics and research potential. I assume you'd need at least an A- average to be competitive, but check with them if you want to final verdict. NSERC PGS awards are very open to the grading criteria, even publishing the % weight for each component. CIHR doesn't seem to be as open about their evaluation methods.

Irregardless, if you want to grad studies as a back-up, it behooves you to apply for CIHR/NSERC/SSHRC and OGS (if in Ontario) to help your supervisor out with your stipend.

Archived