Premed 101 Forums

do I have to re-write DAT with carving score of 3 to apply for US private school?

I know most US private schools do not look at carving score for Canadian DAT. But my carving score is VERY low. Should I retake my DAT again even though my scores are high in other sections. Do you know anyone who got into US private school with carving score of 3? Thanks!

reading comprehension 18

biology 22

chemistry 23

perception 19

carving 3

science total: 23

academic average: 21

preception: 19

I know most US private schools do not look at carving score for Canadian DAT. But my carving score is VERY low. Should I retake my DAT again even though my scores are high in other sections. Do you know anyone who got into US private school with carving score of 3? Thanks!

reading comprehension 18

biology 22

chemistry 23

perception 19

carving 3

science total: 23

academic average: 21

preception: 19

Did you break the soap or something? Never heard of a 3 before.

Yes there were MANY MANY 3's on the DAT carving this year (November), so yes it's possible, and no you don't have to break the soap in order to get 3,, mostly you got the shape wrong, but it doesn't mean you can't carve! u were proably a bit nervous and carved the shape of a structure you practiced on instead of what the actual question asked for.

As for getting in to teh US dental schools, there were quite a few number of people getting into BIG schools (i.e UPENN, UCLA etc) with a carving score of only 5 , so US schools don't really care about carving. And for local schools, i'm sure ur quite aware that uoft doesn't care, especially when half our class has scored under 7 for carving and 20's in all the other section. so just keep your head up, if ur other section are fine, ur good to go!

Cheers :)

Archived