Premed 101 Forums

OOP Canadian interviews

MCSpicerack

In the past, McGill has given very short notice for interviews, often only a few weeks--a thorny point for some OOP candidates needing to arrange travel.

Again, in the past, unsuccessful applicants from all cohorts were notified officially in one batch in April/May.

Don't know if either is still the case. But you probably still have some hope for an OOP invite for now.

Best of luck.

Yes, that's what it says for mine.

Emailed the admissions - they didn't say when the interviews would be going out. Oh well.

hey, i haven't received mine either.

but here is the e-mail i got.

"The invites will be sent by the end of this week by e-mail.

Regards,

Marijana Ivanisevic

"

omg i just overheard a conversation in the library that some OOPs received interview invite already! :( :( :(:mad:

well, hopefully they are still on their way?

not sure what to say. i'm getting a little nervous myself ...usually these things are sent in batches!

lets cross oru fingers. i'm waiting for someone on the board to say they got an invite.

Yeah, I didn't get anything either. I really wasn't expecting much from McGill considering how intense the OOP competition is for such few spots, but it's kind of harsh to have your first response be a rejection. Anyways, it can only go uphill from here, right?

still haven't heard anything, though i got an invite from dal. i thought that would be harder than getting the invite at mcgill.

maybe mcgill had more than the 400 OOP applicants this year. either way, i'd like to hear from more ppl with invites.

i'd imagine we'd have to hear soon, kenneth, since the interview is just a month away.

You guys might be right, since MCSpicerack received their invitation pretty late and so the admissions office might have decided to send the rest out on Monday. After all, historically, usually a couple of people from these boards manage to get interviews. Anyways, I'm not holding out high hopes, but it might be a good idea for someone to call the admissions office on Monday to find out for sure what's going on.

Archived