Premed 101 Forums

Any OOPs got letters yet?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, the letter doesn't give the cutoffs or any other such info. There are just two sheets. ONe is just a letter from the admissions committee (detailing what must be submitted b/f interview) and the other is a form asking for our contact info and interview date preference.

"After careful consideration, we regret to say that we are unable to offer you one of the interview slots allocated to applicants from outside Manitoba."

Oh well...

Also no word on what cutoffs were, just that the interview allocations were based on AGPA and MCAT.

Hi Superking25. MCAT: 32Q (PS/VR/BS = 11/10/11). AGPA: 4.08.

These were just a smidgen above the cutoffs last year, and I'm not surprized everything went up with the removal of the English requirements which disqualified many people last year.

I'm a little bummed, but I only need one. I'm still holding my breath for UBC.

Hi Superking25. MCAT: 32Q (PS/VR/BS = 11/10/11). AGPA: 4.08.

These were just a smidgen above the cutoffs last year, and I'm not surprized everything went up with the removal of the English requirements which disqualified many people last year.

I'm a little bummed, but I only need one. I'm still holding my breath for UBC.

I'll be crossing my fingers for you:)

no luck for me.

GPA - 4.00

MCAT - 38Q (14P/11V/13B)

Guess my gpa was below whatever their cutoff was. A bit frustrating since the final weighting is 50% MCAT and 10% GPA.....

great way to start the week off....

Are you kidding me!:eek: O wait. Is your GPA on a 4.0 scale or a 4.3 scale? Were you OOP or IP?

didn't bother applying to queens, my GPA wasn't high enough. I've got a couple bad marks that drag down my average, but with manitoba dropping a certain # of credits, my average went up a bit.

And it was on 4/4.5 (that's what manitoba is on, isn't it?), definitely not a 4.0/4.0 hah.

Maybe i'll give the admissions office a shout or email or something and see if i can find out what the GPA cutoff actually was. I hoped that even though i'd probably be close to it that my MCAT would make up for it. Guess not.

I'm sorry, MillerTime. I would never have thought someone with a 38Q– amazing score!– would not have received an interview at Manitoba.

You're from Ottawa... maybe see you at Queen's interview? We'll have some chilly Millies to celebrate?

Archived