Premed 101 Forums

MCAT scores at McGill

Tria

Hi everyone,

Can someone please let me know whether McGill has any cutoffs for MCAT scores and if yes what are they? On their Web site, they don't give any cutoffs.

Also, does McGill consider the score of the Writing section of the MCAT? Mine wasn't that great - 'O'.

Thanks!

I answered a post of yours regarding McGill, Alberta and Calgary. In there is the link to McGill's cutoffs.

They are a minimum of 8 in each section and a total of 30. You certainly meet these cutoffs. They do ask for the letter score on the applications, but they don't advertise a letter cutoff. O-P is the average, so don't worry. Did you apply this year, or are you learning up for next year?

Thank you so much degoo_ for answering so many of my questions!!

I applied this year, but I am not very hopeful for this year because I am a new immigrant and I am living in Ontario and 5 out of the 6 Ontario schools don't have reservations for Ontario residents and the one that does (McMaster) requires that you have lived in the province for at least 3 years. I just came to Canada last year.

So, I am already planning about next year. I am even willing to move to Alberta or Quebec to get the residency there. Both just ask for a 1 year residency, either from the time of admission or from the time of registration. I am trying to figure out whether I would have better chances of getting in if I move to Quebec or Alberta. I don't know French, so I can only apply to McGill in Quebec.

What about you degoo_, did you apply this year or are you planning to apply next year?

Tria

I applied this year to Ontario schools (-NOSM) and McGill. I am considered in province in both, so I hope my chances are good.

I'm in my 4th year, and am not really keen on staying another year, so I hope meds works out. If it doesn't, I'll try to strengthen my application (I know where it lacks) and retry. Good luck to you this cycle.

I applied this year to Ontario schools (-NOSM) and McGill. I am considered in province in both, so I hope my chances are good.

I'm in my 4th year, and am not really keen on staying another year, so I hope meds works out. If it doesn't, I'll try to strengthen my application (I know where it lacks) and retry. Good luck to you this cycle.

Good luck to you too!

Tria

Archived