Premed 101 Forums

"traditional" or "tight-fitting/hip" suit?

brownrobbin

how about winter jackets? like if you go in for an interview do they ask you to take your jacket off or should you do it yourself? (Haven't really have many interviews)

Yes, you take your winter jackets off. There is usually a place to hang your coats in the waiting area before your interview.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But you can't see the sweat stains when you're wearing a blazer! I sweat like a bastard no matter whether it's 75 or 125 degrees, so I'm always covered in sweat stains.:rolleyes:

whats wrong with metric?! ;) isnt 75F like 25C? my apologies if you were referring to 75 degress celsius. i can totally understand why you might be a bit sweaty in that case.

Sorry, I'm more used to the American scale because that's where I lived for a rather long while.

i'm just playing J, its all good. as for me, i'm die-hard metric (if thats something to be die-hard in), since i like my water to boil at 100C, not 212F;) . but ya, whatever. :D

My take is that you should wear something you are comfortable in and look your best in. Having said that, if you need/want to go and buy new clothing for the interview, I would suggest something more conservative. The reason being is that, especially in your early medical years, you will want to be more traditional in how you dress, both for patients and faculty. I used to think it didn't matter, and thought that as long as you look good, you were fine, but so far my experience have taught me that many of the faculty prefer a traditional look. Also, more mature patients also seem to feel more comfortable with a more conservative approach.

I am just amazed that we can have four pages of discussion on suit style. Maybe I am just a walk into suit shop, see something I like, buy it, and walk out kindof person.

Just wait till we start talking hairstyles.:cool:

for sure looks matters for interviews....

people will testify that they dont judge you by the way you look (once past hygiene being ok), but this is a lie. in life, its usually the better looking person who gets the spot. no jokez.

i saw this video clip documentary of how this absolute doofball woman got a job with no skills whatsoever. but because she was like super good looking, she beat out a not so good looking woman who had much better skills, personality and experience.

think of this example. when you sit on the bus, you usually want to sit alone-- unless you see someone get on the bus who you think is like totally good lookin, hunkalicious or a mega-babe. then, you move your backpack and hope that the person will sit beside you. though you know nothing about them at all (and really dont give a damn). everyone wants a piece of the good looking kids-- whether it be giving them a spot in your med school, or giving them the seat beside you on the bus.

looks count. hate to say it. so i can see how this thread has gone for 4 pages. in my world, looks dont count cuz i think that fashion really dupes people more than ne thing, but its a long story.

have fun picking out your clothes ;)

I am just amazed that we can have four pages of discussion on suit style. Maybe I am just a walk into suit shop, see something I like, buy it, and walk out kindof person.

Yes, but judging by your name, you're a guy. Suits fit different on guys than girls, and almost all suit styles are acceptably conservative on guys. Girls have to deal with skirts, pleats, pant length (flat shoes or with heels and how much heel), lining, fitting for your bust/waist/hips/bum, etc. not to mention accessories and, as Jochi said, hair.

think of this example. when you sit on the bus, you usually want to sit alone-- unless you see someone get on the bus who you think is like totally good lookin, hunkalicious or a mega-babe. then, you move your backpack and hope that the person will sit beside you. though you know nothing about them at all (and really dont give a damn). everyone wants a piece of the good looking kids-- whether it be giving them a spot in your med school, or giving them the seat beside you on the bus.

Yeah, but with the mega-babe on the bus, you're probably hoping you'd quite literally get a piece of them. I'd like to think my 50+ interviewer is not secretly hoping to bang me after I'm accepted.

I must also note that if you are a good-looking woman, it can definitely play against you if you are dealing with a female interviewer. A lot of women feel threatened, especially if they have self-esteem issues of their own. I don't know if good-looking males experience things like that as well, but I imagine that it's less of a problem, since men don't compete based on looks as much as they do based on other things (cars, money, and chicks come do mind).

Any females out there looking to make an unforgettable impression at their interview should definitely consider these new japanese jeans: http://700mb.ru/19/01/2007/v_mire/moda_na_novye_dzhinsy_v_japonii.html

"Moda na novye dzhinsy v japonii...."

Trying to appeal to my Russian roots, avenir?:D

Not that expensive either, just 92 dollars....a great investment.

Muchdutch,

As far as thinking of an antenna, this guy got us all beat:

bush%20debate%20wired%20suit.jpg

Archived