Premed 101 Forums

Interview invites to 3rd year apps??

Also 3rd year. cgpa 3.97, varsity team, lots of volunteer, good employment but no love from Ottawa yet. It does seem to make sense though, since Ottawa's detailed sketch only looks at activities done after high school and the difference between 2 years and 3 years is quite significant (not to mention all those in graduate studies!)

what i've heard...

apparently some people have recieved rejection and invites... so some people have been formally rejected.. I've heard of 1 person

this is gold scoop- - - I think they're going through names in random order and saying YES/NO...there may be amazing applicants who have yet to hear....

Don't all thank me at once.

Keep the faith guys,

I recommend watching the pursuit of happiness this weekend- it's most inspirational and may be useful in an interview

and I would formally like to point out that I'm being hated on, and being patronized by a few posters which is pretty unprofessional in itself...

haters

Didn't mean to patronize if you're directing that at me. See everyoneloveschem's post:

http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19772&page=14

That is what I meant to say, basically.

no worries.

so has anyone else heard of people rejected?

I can't believe another day's gone by with no news

It is kind of odd that no one's heard anything. If they are really waiting until February 9th for the rest of invites/rejections or whatever, that is quite a while to wait, since invites went out this Monday.

the U OF T system...

hey guys- how about this?

Apparently u of t sends out its responses via 3 waves or piles, whether its interview invite or reject... maybe u of o has adopted this system... apparently they do this because they don't want to deal with too many people contacting to confirm invites and dealing with day change issues and what not for the total number of people, so they break it down into thirds...

for all of you 3rd years, hope is not lost, i know many 3rd years who got interviews and a few who go in, this year won't be any different ur probably in a different one of the 3 random piles...

OttawaU is not adopting UofT's "wave" system. UofT begins sending interview invites mid january and ends late march, rejections go out into april.

Like I've said, everything will be out by Feb 9th, and most of what is remaining to be sent out are (sorry to say for people who haven't heard yet) refusal letters.

silverjelly.. most people who receive an invitation accept right away and email back within a couple of days.

I've said this in another thread (and numerous others over the year) UO DOES take 3rd years! There are a few of us in my class! But that said it's not many.. the majority of my class and the 1st year class have undergrad degrees and/or some grad work.

Good luck to those still waiting and hopefully you'll get invites from some of the other schools you've applied to.

The situation seems weird to me because:

They fully state they started the process of sending out interview invitations.

The message says: "We started sending out our interview invites and we expect to be done by feb9". It sounds like invites will be going out until the 9th.

Yet, its clear that the vast majority of invites are out, and only rejections are waiting to come out.

So I think the original phone message is a tad misleading. "We started sending out interview invites (On jan29) and expect to be done (with everything, including rejections) by feb9 (although the invites will go out early, and rejections come out later)." That's how the message should read, I think.

Hmm well, if I'm going to get insulted for not using doctor critical thinking, then I guess there's enough to go around...

Just because 20 odd people on the message board got invites doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of 500+ potential invites... I mean honestly guys, we need to be critical about where we're collecting our sample data, and just how generalizable it is, there are amazing applicants on here that have heard zilch- think of hippie, and myself, and the third year who are waiting... I need to get over this board like a bad case of the flu...

i'm out y'all...

I listened to the message one more time, and it makes no reference to rejections decisions, it just says they have begun sending out invitations and will be done by the 8th of feb...sending out the invitiations, as in after feb 8th rejections would be sent, in plain english and french, they say the work of sending out invites will be done by the 8th... nothing about final decision notifications, rejections, nothing, just interview invites.

OttawaU is not adopting UofT's "wave" system. UofT begins sending interview invites mid january and ends late march, rejections go out into april.

Like I've said, everything will be out by Feb 9th, and most of what is remaining to be sent out are (sorry to say for people who haven't heard yet) refusal letters.

silverjelly.. most people who receive an invitation accept right away and email back within a couple of days.

I've said this in another thread (and numerous others over the year) UO DOES take 3rd years! There are a few of us in my class! But that said it's not many.. the majority of my class and the 1st year class have undergrad degrees and/or some grad work.

Good luck to those still waiting and hopefully you'll get invites from some of the other schools you've applied to.

So if most of them are indeed refusal letters, then whats the reason for delaying them?

Archived