Premed 101 Forums

What is the Timeline for Medical Admissions?

Guest active2010

Guest active2010

I'm Kind of Confused..

I don't know what the timeline is for Medical Admissions. I know that the deadline is October the 1st.

So, when someone says I am applying in third year does that mean during 3rd year? I dont get that concept - don't universities require 3 full years of undergraduate to get accepeted?

So lets say I wanted to apply in fourth year,

I would have completed 3rd year university in full, and would be on my way to complete my final year?

In that case, I guess I would have to write my MCAT after my 3rd year is it not?

Any help..greatly honoured

Guest 0T6

Firstly, when someone says they're applying in 3rd year, that means that yes, they're applying DURING 3rd year and yes universities require at least 3 years. What this means is that if a 3rd year does get admitted, it would be on the condition that they succesfully completed the course requirements of that year. If they didn't, admission would be revoked.

Now, for your situation, if you want to apply during 4th year, here's the basic timeline:

MCAT: The latest you could write it is in August of the summer between 3rd and 4th year. Most people I know write it in the summer after 2nd year, giving them the next summer to rewrite it if necessary.

Application deadline: October 1, 4th year

Interview invitations: January-April, 4th year

Acceptances: 1st week of June, summer after 4th year.

Does that clear things up?

Archived