Premed 101 Forums

does gpa, dat scores still matters after you get an ubc interview?

so let me post my stat again just for reference

DAT: RC 20 BIOL 20 CHEM 29 Science 22 AA 23 PAT 20 Carving 14

Academic: overall 85.9%, science average 87.2%

i did pretty bad on PAT and carving...but fortunately my GPA and AA holds my stats up (i guess) so i got an interview..

i just wonder once an interview is granted....do GPA and dat scores still matter a lot for the admission committee to decide the admission of a particular student?....or the interview score takes over and become the major decision factor?

Hello Celeron,

I had a couple friends go to UBC. They told me that after the interviews, they DO STILL look at GPA, DAT etc.

Interview is based upon GPA, DAT, lor, essays, but after the interview they usually place people in a formula. The 100 people who made it for the interview pretty much have what they are looking for in terms of GPA & DAT. (With your situation, your GPA might help the carving section)

However, the interview is a pretty much 'make or break' situation.

What year are you in?

________

Honda Research America specifications

Hello Celeron,

I had a couple friends go to UBC. They told me that after the interviews, they DO STILL look at GPA, DAT etc.

Interview is based upon GPA, DAT, lor, essays, but after the interview they usually place people in a formula. The 100 people who made it for the interview pretty much have what they are looking for in terms of GPA & DAT. (With your situation, your GPA might help the carving section)

However, the interview is a pretty much 'make or break' situation.

What year are you in?

i am in 4th year (technically 5th cuz i spent one year on coop) combined honours in chemistry and biochemistry...graduating this may

well...i hope my stat can continue to hold up them....

Archived