Premed 101 Forums

Interview letters

I just got an invitation for an interview via email. It says a package will be sent out in the mail today with the info as to the date etc... None of that was included in the email.

I'm from Toronto - born and raised, so it was definitely a surprise. I do qualify as a francophone, but that's the only thing that helped me.

Good luck guys.

Rejections are going out too, I got one in my e-mail. It was funny, though, 'cause I REALLY wasn't expecting an interview from NOSM, so it kind of threw me off to see an e-mail from them in my inbox, but the world made sense again when I saw that it was a rejection.

Hi,

I was born and raised in the GReater Toronto Area. Not francophone. I received my rejection letter today.

Hehe. I also do not meet any of the criteria NOSM is looking for (rural, northern, francophone) and also got rejected. Go figure!

This is from the NOSM site and I fulfilled the secondary school requirement.

Anyone choosing the designation of Francophone, for the purposes of the admissions process, on the application form must be fluent in spoken and written French. Applicants must meet one of the following criteria:

One parent is Francophone and applicant attended at least 6 years of French school (not immersion).

Applicant has a diploma from a French secondary school.

Applicant can demonstrate use of French in daily activities and/or a connection to a Francophone community.

Those applicants who have chosen the designation of Francophone on the application form and who are offered an interview will be interviewed in English in the same interview process that all candidates will undergo. In addition to this interview process, Francophone candidates will be required to attend an assessment of their French language skills at the interview site.

- Born and raised in TO, never lived elsewhere

- I'm a francophone, but that is the lowest of helpful categories, aboriginal and rural communities are more important. It seems like being a francophone is just a plus from the info on the site.

- wGPA - 3.95

- 4th year student

- Lots of ECs, research, international volunteer experiences, student government, etc...

Hope that helps you guys who are waiting.

just got an interview invite - so surprised / excited / nervous!

3.3 gpa, lots of EC, from NO (but queen's for undergrad)... surprised due to the low gpa...

so no choice in interview date/time? t-bday is quite a trek from here!

wow congrats Citta!!! that is awesome! best of luck... did you get any other offers?

rejected.... from rural ontario, but not northern.

although I did get a sick twisted pleasure when I saw that the title was NOMS instead of NOSM....

K, so irrelevant (especially with a rejection), but just kinda interested.....the email address was NOMS.Admissions@.......Is it NOMS or NOSM? I call it NOMS cause it's easier to say but I though it was NOSM. Anyone know (or care)?

*hayley.

Archived