Premed 101 Forums

Interview Format

So, any insight as to the format of the interview? Is this kind of information included in the mailed package that we have yet to receive?

Some schools structure their interview days to sell themselves to the interviewees. Does U of A do this? I'm in Ontario (but a westerner at heart) so I'm not on the up and up when it comes to U of A.

Guest davehead

Sorry if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but do the interviewers have access to our application files? Should we expect questions about our experiences discussed in our application? I guess we should prepare either way, since these are bound to come up anyways, but I was just wondering if the interviewers will have read my file beforehand.

Unless the interview has changed drastically, there will likely be some questions about decision making/ethics type things, how you balance your life, possible future career direction etc. Generally pretty friendly and you can expect a tour of the hospital at some point during the day.

Good luck.

Hi,

Of the three interviewers in a panel, it usually includes a scientist, clinician and layperson... could students be your interviewers too? and in any year of med school? Just wondering - I'd feel awkward if a student I knew was on the panel as I know a few people at UofA (not well enough that I'd contact them, but I know them & they know me)

There is most often a student on the panel. If you happen to know your interviewers and feel uncomfortable then you could probably arrange for a change. In the past when I was interviewing, I think they gave us a list of the candidates the morning of the interview to ensure that there would be no conflict of interest.

Archived