Premed 101 Forums

Contacted?

Have any of you guys been contacted for your interview yet? A U of M number (474) keeps showing up on my phone and it's "not in service" if I try to call it back. I'm not sure if it's admissions, or just someone trying to call me from the science lounge or something...

I called Christie Struch yesterday, but she wasn't there so I left her a message asking about whether my sketches and references were received and about scheduling interviews. She called me back and left me a message on my machine regarding the sketches and references, but didn't mention anything about scheduling an interview. She also said that the deadline for references to send their letters was today, so maybe they are just waiting for everyone's stuff to arrive before scheduling interviews. If they had already started doing them, then I figure she would probably have mentioned something in the message that she left for me.

Be patient guys. The materials weren't due until Monday so today would be the fourth complete day after the deadline. You have to consider that they must schedule 250 or so applicants over 4 weekends based on preferences. I'm sure they aren't just scattering you into random times. Just relax or you'll have a meltdown from anxiety before your interview even happens.

Archived