Premed 101 Forums

passport sized photos

uh oh ..just read more carefully that i need two passport sized photos for my interview. i'm at home right now, but i have them in my residence, but that means i'll have to go there tomorrow at 7:10 a.m. ish... (check in at interview is 7:30)

do you think its a problem if i print pictures of myself on some nice 'thick' (non-photo :( ) paper?

edit: shoppers was open :)

My advice would be to stock up on these things. EVERYTHING requires passport photos, it would seem:

med school, CaRMS, LMCCs, USMLEs, fellowship, Royal College Exams, moonlighting, electives, locums...

Somewhere along the way, I even got my actual passport!

For the last go-round (Royal College Exam), I printed them out myself at home on non-photo paper. Don't think they've rejected my application yet!

Good luck :)

What about those photo booths at the mall (take 4 pictures for $4)? Are those pics okay? They are slightly smaller than official passport size. But if you go to Black's, they will only give you 2 photos and it costs over $10...

Try ~$20 for Blacks. and i needed 2 sets! It didnt make me feel any better when I saw I looked like i was hit by a bus.....does anyone know what these pics are for? are they to ensure the same person shows up on the first day of school as the person who interviewed, or is it so they can remember you when they are reviewing your file? Because if the latter is true, i think im screwed :eek: ...

Archived