Premed 101 Forums

LOR problem

tarzi

hey, i gotta question - is there any way, any possibility that i can submit an additional LOR to queens?

there was this huge fiasco back in october where my original referee decided not to write my LOR - my fault, we weren't close, he's just a hockey league president and I don't think he writes many med school LOR's - so b/c i was already 2 weeks late, i asked this prof who wrote my letter from last year, and she wrote it in a day b/c she was leaving for vacation (she wasn't pleased that i asked last minute). NOW, i've got this prof, who i was close with, who knows me and wrote me a terrific LOR (never read it, i'm just assuming b/c i got interviewed at some impressive US schools) who offered to write me one for my OMSAS schools...and since queen's places a lot of weight on non-academic factors post-interview, i figured damn, this LOR thing might screw me over in the end....why tf are ON schools so cold and non-understanding when it comes to individual issues like this?

i've already contacted queens - answer was no...right, i've already admitted to you that i think my chances would be helped if i submitted this new letter, and that my old letter would hurt my chances - you'd think that they'd care about this? i'm not asking to disregard my old letter, just to accept this new one...

Hi,

If you have already contacted Queen's about this with the above information then the answer seems plain--they said no. However, if you think you have some new information or evidence that you did not mention in your original correspondence with Queen's then it might be worthwhile to provide that information to them and see what they say.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

I don't want to sound rude, but why would they accept another letter? They have a huge stack of qualified applicants who managed to get things right the first time. My experience is that med schools will not grant exceptions for mistakes made in the application. If you don't do a good job on the application they will select somebody else and expect you to learn a lesson for next time.

I wouldn't worry too much about it anyway. Just have a good interview and see what happens.

dh

Archived