Premed 101 Forums

Kaplan QBank: supplementary resources?

Hi there,

I just registered for Kaplan's QBank, which provides an online database of USMLE/MCCQE-type questions. So far, I'm happy with the service as I've signed up for 3 months which shall provide studying material for my last two clerkship exams as well as the MCCQE. I also like the ability to choose topics of concentration for creating the online exams and the questions seem challenging enough. I know that some folks might have used this resource in the past and I was wondering a couple of things. For one, did you find the level of difficulty of the QBank questions similar to those found on the MCCQE? Also, did you used any additional resources (aside from class notes) to supplement your MCCQE studying? If so, can you give some ideas as to the resources that you found helpful?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Hey Kirsteen,

I'm just a lowly first year med student ;) , but I heard from people that USMLEWorld offers a great qbank as well (comprehensive, challenging and reasonably priced). I've been reading a few threads about these question banks on SDN, and the consensus seems to be that the Kaplan one has too many key words in questions, which quite often points to the answer. The USMLEWorld questions are more indicative of the real thing.

Archived