Premed 101 Forums

Is there any order to the admissions offers?

I'm sure everyone is getting a little anxious about the potential of finding out some news about admissions in the next few weeks, but does anyone know if there is any sequence to the admisssions process? Will all the nova scotia applicants be processed, and then all the New Brunswick, and then all of PEI? I think i heard this is how they did it last year, but I'm not really sure!

That I'm not sure about.

Last year there was something on the admissions site about reviewing applications with "obvious decisions" first (or something along those lines). I didn't see anything about that on the site this year, and I haven't talked to anyone in the office about this. Thus, I don't know what, if any, policy will be used for this year.

As per Sharon Graham on Jan. 20th, 2007, there will be no order to the Maritime applications brought before the Adcomm like last year (ie. NS, then NB, then PEI etc etc). This year each member of the Adcomm presents 2 applicants to the rest of the committee, each week. The results of the cumulative meetings each month are presented on the last wednesday, via snail-mail for the "accepted" and "non-accepted" and via email for the "deferred".

Therefore, it is fairly random as to who's application will be brought up on a particular week's meeting. That said, I do believe that the Maritime applications are reviewed before the OOP applications (though neither is competing for each other's seats anyway...).

I hope this addresses any questions surrounding the process this year.

Cheers

Archived