Premed 101 Forums

Admissions Update: Feb 27, 2007

I can confirm that too. When I called (to change dates because of a conflict), she said there were a just few spots on each of the 3 last days, and they're from people who have pulled out due to early acceptances at other schools. She said that a few ppl will likely cancel their spots...and then those will be available...but it sounded like all the main invites are out.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey,

I didn't realize that early acceptance into Medical School existed... do you know what schools offer early acceptance?

Thanks

*fmdsm

Yes, I think she was referring to American schools. Many have rolling admissions. They just tell you 4-6 weeks after your interview (which could be any time from October to March) whether they want you or not!

Americans and American applicants have it easier than us in every possible way...do you guys agree? Rolling admissions - a friend of mine found out about his outcome 1 week after his interview. GPA isn't that much of an issue there, but the MCAT is and a decent applicant here can blow american schools away and there are so many to apply to over there, it's crazy. I think that's why American hospitals love canadian doctors, they salivate for us.

higher tuition

sh1tty healthcare system that I wouldn't want to work for

Also, it may be easier to get into the average schools, but just as difficult to get into the good ones as it is for us Canadians, maybe even harder...

Uugghh, that's bad news for me. ah well, there's always next year. :(

This type of news really ruined my day. I was really really, very much so hoping to get a UofT interview (and acceptance).

I've been accepted in the states, and I do not want to go there - at all.

it's an awful feeling. excalibur, are you planning on going to the us if it does not work out here? or are you going to try again next year?

This is not my first time applying, and I have already graduated from undergrad. I will be left with no option but to go to the US because though I am presumably 'qualified' as the rejection letters say, I'm just not among the 'most competative' applicants.

I should change my previous statement. It's not that I don't want to go at all, it is that I would so much more prefer to stay. The school I am going to attend is actually a fairly good school - it is not at all an Upstairs Medical College or anything like that at all.

My real concern is actually with moving to the USA, and specifically the midwest. I like the Canadian healthcare system, I like Toronto and I want to contribute to UofT and the population here in Ontario, but I am left with really no choice but to become a brain drain statistic with us other good applicants that migrate south.

Archived