Premed 101 Forums

Admissions Update: Feb 27, 2007

from http://www.facmed.utoronto.ca/English/page-13-21455-1.html

Admissions Update - February 27, 2007

We have now completed our careful and thorough review of all of our 3100+ applications for entry into our medical school in 2007.

We are in process of sending interview invitations, which are being sent through email this year. Invitations will continue to be sent until the available interview spots are filled. As the last interview date is April 1, invitations may still be sent up to that date. The timing of an interview or interview invitation is in no way related to an applicant's relative standing in our assessment pool.

Remaining interview dates are as follows:

March 4-5, 23, 31

April 1

We will soon also send letters (by regular mail) to those who are not being invited to interview.

Please be patient, as this process, due to the huge numbers, does take some time.

As someone who is still waiting to hear from UofT, I took this like a kick in the nuts :(

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I received my invite about 3.5 weeks before the interview. Others here mentioned they got 10 days or so. So until March 20th or so, I'd say there is no need to panic.

I agree. I think this holds true particularly for graduate applicants.

Looks like they have filled about 50-70% of interview spots and the fact that you haven't heard anything may strictly be due to your application falling into a pile(s) that just got reviewed recently. Now that all files have been reviewed though, I would expect things will be moving faster.

If you get a regular mail from U of T over next little while, I wonder if it means rejection for sure. I remember someone (grad student) getting an email and mail for interview pretty much at the same time (the person got them fairly late in March).

I would guess that they won't tell you if you call. It could be considered a confidentiality issue if they did. Also, they will probably hold off on sending rejection letters out (or notifying of rejection over the phone) to the people who are just on the borderline of getting an interview spot.

I agree, I think it is entirely possible to receive an invite in mid-late March, as people may be turning interviews down (especially on those later dates when there are conflicts with a lot of other schools). I know this sounds bizarre, but I know a few people already who have told me that if they get an invite to U of T, they will have to decline because of interviews elsewhere for schools that are higher on their priority list.

I also know of someone who was invited to an interview for the 25th of Feb just over a week before the interview date. So late notices are definitely being given. Just because all the reviewers have finished handing in their folders doesn't mean the admissions office is proportionately all caught up with sending invites and coordinating interviews!

yep... well it's not really an issue, more a psychological thing to just show up friday night with the info that you've got an interview on monday... (and plus i really can't see that much preparation being involved... i do have interviews, and i am preping for them... albeit at the last minute ;) )

i saw my interviewer checking off items ...i don't know if they were questions or if she was evaluating.

Interesting...Mine didn't write a thing. I'm wondering if we are assigned an overall impression score or if they go back and listen to the tapes later and evaluate (although after a full day of interviews, I can't imagine that they would sit and go through them again).....

I'm not sure if this is the right thread. But if you have an e-mail address on your file and they haven't contacted you by this point (I'm from ontario, outside of GTA), this means I'm most likely rejected, right?

This royally sux big time. :(

I know, the waiting is horrible. But I haven't heard of April 1st interviews yet.. and lots of people have been notified in March of their interviews..

I'm in a similar situation, in Montreal, but my stats are as good I could make them (4.0, 42S) and my ECs aren't terrible, so I'm not giving up yet (at least, not until next wednesday).

I know, the waiting is horrible. But I haven't heard of April 1st interviews yet.. and lots of people have been notified in March of their interviews..

I'm in a similar situation, in Montreal, but my stats are as good I could make them (4.0, 42S) and my ECs aren't terrible, so I'm not giving up yet (at least, not until next wednesday).

I actually have an April 1st interview. But I'm in Vancouver (and it takes a bit of planning to book flights/hotels/etc), so they probably just gave me the latest date possible after they reviewed my file. There's probably lots of March 24/25 and March 31/April 1 interview spots still left.

Archived