Premed 101 Forums

Interview Question

Hi everyone,

I know that I am unable to talk about questions that were asked in the interview, so I won't mention specifics. However, I was asked two questions that are against the Canadian Human Rights Act in my interview at Ottawa, and I am a little torn up about what to do. I wasn't completely sure during the interview if the questions were indeed against the act, so I did answer them, however I have become increasingly worried about these questions and the outcome of my interview.

Has anyone else experienced this or something similar while interviewing at Ottawa, and what steps did you take?

Thanks so much

fdmsm

I'm not quite sure I understand.. the questions were regarding the act? Or do you feel that your rights through the act were violated in the asking of 2 specific questions? If it's the latter and you do feel strongly about it you are more than welcome to contact Nicole Racine and voice your complaint and if the grounds are there, a second interview may be conducted.

I doubt it...asking a question that demands a specific answer seems unlike the medical interview process...he/she probably felt the questions were out of line.

well i heard that at montreal somebody was asked if they were gay, and the proper response they were looking for was, sorry but i will not answer that... maybe its just here that they are asking for specific answers :confused:

well i heard that at montreal somebody was asked if they were gay, and the proper response they were looking for was, sorry but i will not answer that... maybe its just here that they are asking for specific answers :confused:

I also know of a question asked at U of T where there was only one correct response they were looking for. It was not a personal question but more of a trivia question with only one 'right' answer - and it was a tricky one....I much prefer the "there's no wrong answers" route.:eek:

Archived