Premed 101 Forums

Physiology Challenge Exam UWO

Has anyone started thinking about the physiology challenge exam for UWO yet? Has anyone bought the book or CD? Is it anymore informative than any other physiology book. I was waiting to hear about interviews first, but now I am wondering if it's going to be enough time. Has anyone wrote it before? Could maybe give some information or tips?

To be honest I find this exam annoying. I have Human Physiology, and 4th Comparative animal physiology and they are still making me write this exam. Anyone else is the same boat?

Thanks,

Rick

Has anyone started thinking about the physiology challenge exam for UWO yet? Has anyone bought the book or CD? Is it anymore informative than any other physiology book. I was waiting to hear about interviews first, but now I am wondering if it's going to be enough time. Has anyone wrote it before? Could maybe give some information or tips?

To be honest I find this exam annoying. I have Human Physiology, and 4th Comparative animal physiology and they are still making me write this exam. Anyone else is the same boat?

Thanks,

Rick

why would they make you write the exam, that's dumb on their part, I mean, they accept both animal and/or human physiology and that's exactly what you've taken. Maybe you should speak to them, and if you've already have, try speaking them again, because honestly it's a waste of your time.

good luck

-Wisdom_tooth

UWO doesn't accept animal physiology. They accept one full course of human physiology. I took animal phys I and I took mammalian phys II and they told me that I have to write the exam. If you think that you will end up getting an interview it is best to start studying for it now.

UWO doesn't accept animal physiology. They accept one full course of human physiology. I took animal phys I and I took mammalian phys II and they told me that I have to write the exam. If you think that you will end up getting an interview it is best to start studying for it now.

well UWO needs to get it's information straight

because for York university they list these courses as fulfilling the physiology requirement on their website

KINE 3011 (Human physiology I) and KINE 3012 (Human physiology II)

OR

BIOL 3060 (Animal physiology I) AND BIOL 3070 (Animal Physiology II)

Hey guys,

I wrote the exam last year and passed... I went into it with one semester of a basic human physiology course, and I found that the textbook I used was adequate for study purposes. I just went through the list of topics and read about them and did fine. The questions on there were pretty basic and should be covered by any decent physiology book. I wouldn't waste your money on Western's specific preparation material (which, by the way, last year we weren't even notified about until a couple weeks before the test!) So, don't worry about little nitpicky things that you may think Western has covered and you didn't. Most if not all the questions on there were totally fair game if you did your prep. :-)

Good luck!

Archived