Premed 101 Forums

UofA Interviews

Hey fellow interviewers

I was wondering if anyone would like to share their insight of the interviews this weekend at U of A?

Cya

They would be smart to keep their mouthes shut till next weekend when the second round of interviews are over.

Why help your competition? Who knows how many U of A interviewees are lurking around these boards looking for someone to blab and give them an advantage this coming weekend.

Imagine if you lost your spot to someone who beat you on the interview cuz you gave them some tips. Yikes.

See that's the problem. Getting into dental school has become such a competitive process that for people to help one another out is pointed out as being negative.

I wasn't asking for the interview questions. I was asking for insight. On the UBC forum, this included how many interviewers there were and the tours and everything. I was more than happy to tell the next weekend how it was.

On the other hand, if somebody asks for another's opinion on the interview, it could completely take them off track too because they know what they are heading into.

I hope my question did not offend anyone.

________

STARLET GT TURBO

Hey bella,

Do not apologize for offending any one. If you're competitive enough to shut your peers out then I suggest that you reconsider your application.

Things are pretty lax here in Alberta and we prefer to keep it that way.

ap

See that's the problem. Getting into dental school has become such a competitive process that for people to help one another out is pointed out as being negative.

I wasn't asking for the interview questions. I was asking for insight. On the UBC forum, this included how many interviewers there were and the tours and everything. I was more than happy to tell the next weekend how it was.

On the other hand, if somebody asks for another's opinion on the interview, it could completely take them off track too because they know what they are heading into.

I hope my question did not offend anyone.

Hey guys,

U of A was very relaxed! I had 2 interviewers (student and dentist)...the atmosphere was so much nicer than the UBC interview process.

No tours were officially offered, you just asked a student to take you around. Students will bring you to your interview room, drop you off, then be there to pick you up when you come out.

Good luck

Katrina

Does anybody know how many out of province students are offered interviews? I called today to ask; however, they said that they don't release that information. Anybody have inside connections to give us any idea of how many people they interview for the 2-3 spots that they offer for OOP applicants?

I realize that there is something with statistics on their webpage about how many OOP apply and how many meet their requirements ~ 20ish - so do they give out about that many interviews or is it less?

Any info would be awesome!

Thanks

hi tode

how was your interview?

Mine wasn't bad. They seemed quite nice.

Hey Bellaortho,

I think my interview went pretty well. The panel was made up of three people: faculty member who is a dentist, a nondentist, and a third year student who said she was class president. They were all very friendly, but the student and the faculty member smiled quite a bit which is nice to see. Their questions were pretty straightforward - I felt pretty good afterwards. But I'm still not that hopeful since I'm OOP and they don't take many of us :cool:

Did you go for a tour?

Hey people,

I had my interview on Saturday in Edmonton as well. I only had 2 interviewers - a 3rd yr student and a general practitioner. Overall I felt really good about my interview, a lot better than after my McGill interview. The places where I still need to improve are in my conciseness when answering the situational style questions.

For those of you who are interested...I had 4 situational type questions and 3behavioral type questions.

Good luck to everyone,

Laxman

Archived