Premed 101 Forums

waiting for next year's application cycle...

Anyone else just sitting around and waiting until all the school's release their application packages for next year? I feel like working sporadically on an application would break up the monotony of the research I'm currently doing. So is there anything else I could be doing? Who else is so excited to apply next year?

i am :P what i've started doing is making my mdapplicants account....so i could put down all my ECs in one place and write what i learned from them, etc., just basic stuff that will be applicable once applications come out!! so i don't forget or run around trying to find them!

I know this should probably go in the Alberta thread, but do you find that it is exponentially dryer this year than the last 5-8+ years? I have had to switch general moisturizers, face moisturizers, get a special one for my feet - it's awful! Of course, I also attribute this partly to aging:eek: ..... But I'd also like to think it's humidity. yeah, that's it. Lack of humidity....:o

Have you started trying to write your personal statement? You can always cut it into smaller essays later if you need to. It should include: why medicine, how what you've done so far has led to this, stuff about you. It should keep you a little occupied :D

Write a PS about the drying skin in your pits.:P

Hey, eat lots of EFAs to keep your skin moisturized....fish, avocados, olive oil - you know the drill...Nothing like angel hair pasta with pesto and grilled salmon to look like a skincare model. :cool: Also, watch your heating and make sure your baths/showers are not scathing hot, it can really dry out your skin.

Anyone else just sitting around and waiting until all the school's release their application packages for next year? I feel like working sporadically on an application would break up the monotony of the research I'm currently doing. So is there anything else I could be doing? Who else is so excited to apply next year?

If you didn't apply in this cycle, you can find out what the questions are on the applications for whichever school you're interested in and start working on them now. I think McMaster changes their questions from year to year but other than that school, they stay consistent.

Make a list of your ECs and make sure you have verifiers for each activity.

Start making a list of what you'd like to include in your personal statement - some great one liners that pop into your head randomly that may come in handy later.

Find references! (if you dont already have them)

There is so much to do!!

Write a PS about the drying skin in your pits.:P

Hey, eat lots of EFAs to keep your skin moisturized....fish, avocados, olive oil - you know the drill...Nothing like angel hair pasta with pesto and grilled salmon to look like a skincare model. :cool: Also, watch your heating and make sure your baths/showers are not scathing hot, it can really dry out your skin.

mmmm - angel hair. Almost my fave, second only to those teeny tiny alphabet pasta's - juvenile, I know, I just love how they feel on my tongue!

I'm a super dry one so I've known about the lukewarm showering for a while - doesn't help much when it's so cold out. But I also find that liberally applying moisturizer all over when still dripping wet works well - it's a very uncomfortable feeling being all wet and cold and slippery, but it sure saves the chaffing later in the day.

Hmm.... Dry pits. Never actually noticed if I had that one before so I think it's news to me!

Archived