Premed 101 Forums

Interview make/break?

Hi...

Just wondering if people here know of any in province folks who did very well on the MCAT (11 or above) and had competitive AGPA's (>3.8), but didn't get in or were waitlisted on account of a bad interview? I understand that the MCAT is worth 50% here, so a score above 10.5 (which is around the average for matriculants in previous years) ought to be fairly competitive. I just had my interview today and feel a bit dazed and confused. I have no idea how it went. I think i answered everything, and yet there was no sense of...yeah...kicked ass on that one. I've heard some people say that a score above 11 (i have an 11.5) nearly guarantees you admission into u of m - stupid answers on the interview notwithstanding. Not sure how much i can trust them though. Any comments would be appreciated.

Honestly, just try and not think about it. :)

But anything is possible since admissions is a holistic process. Some people have a balanced interview and academic scores. While others get in on the strength of their MCAT or interview. But the same goes for the other way around, some may be declined to certain weaknesses.

Either way, what's done is done. So relax.

You can look up at the data all you want. But remember...

"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!"

-- Homer Simpson

Relax and wait :)

I know a few people that have had very high mcat scores and very high agpas, however they did not do well on the interview, and they didn't even get wait listed.

But I'd imagine you'd have to be pretty bad at interviewing to be in that position :)

I think they just tally everything up and then if you are in a certain mark range you get in, wait listed or rejected.

Archived