Premed 101 Forums

Pre-interview anxiety

Toroharo

I've only got 1 interview this year. As such, I feel a tremendous pressure to perform because this is my only chance of acceptance in this application round. It is hard to stay positive all the time. The amount of uncertainty is at times overwhelming. I try to tell myself to relax more since the stress won't do me any good. Anyone advice?

I've only got 1 interview this year. As such, I feel a tremendous pressure to perform because this is my only chance of acceptance in this application round. It is hard to stay positive all the time. The amount of uncertainty is at times overwhelming. I try to tell myself to relax more since the stress won't do me any good. Anyone advice?

stressing won't do any good because you won't be yourself at the interview which is key! do you play sports / like exercise? for now, until the interview, prepare answers, but keep active in things you like, like maybe running to relieve stress. and at the interview remember, your interview is a big deal but what happens, happens. try your best, and remember that you can always try again. :) or if you're superstitious, try a good luck charm. I would always have my cross necklace with me when I do something big, just so i could have it in my hand and it would calm me down, just knowing it's there.

toroharo..i met you once at sick kids. just let your warm personality shine through, be yourself, try your best. and have no regrets. the stress will not help. it can either be a waste of time or hurt you. give it 150%, and i hope you walk out of there saying "that was fun!"

Archived