Premed 101 Forums

Source for good, long white coats?

Hey there,

Not that I'm aiming to speed through the break in between the end of medical school and July 1st, but I've been thinking about where to purchase my new, long white coat. I know that some programs provide coats for their PGY-1s, and I've ran into some PGY-1s that had some pretty spiffy versions, but as far as I'm aware, my new home doesn't. Does anyone have any good recommendations for places to go that carries a good selection of coats? (A source in the Toronto area would be most useful.)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Well comon now!

The white coat store!!! There's a whole secret white coat club thing, you get a map to all the secret meds locations with your diploma. So you'll know soon enough where to get your coat. ;)

I actually have NO IDEA, try the yellowpages...White Coats?

You know whats hillarious....

You probably did google that, and actually got results....

Haaahahhaa

Tip: Try removing quotes from your search to get more results.

Your search - "doctor games dress up as doctor long white coat sexy" - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

* Make sure all words are spelled correctly.

* Try different keywords.

* Try more general keywords.

Google

Web Images Groups News Maps more »

Advanced Search

Preferences

Search: the web pages from Canada

Web Results 1 - 10 of about 1,090,000 for doctor games dress up as doctor long white coat sexy. (0.11 seconds)

AnniesCostumes.com: Doctor Costumes, Nurse Costumes, Sexy Nurse ...

Zombie Doctor Costume. Includes: Blood stained lab coat, blood stained scrub shirt with bone chest ... Costume Includes: Zip-Up dress, hat, and stethoscope. ...

http://www.anniescostumes.com/doctor.htm - 47k - Cached - Similar pages

SillyJokes range of costumes for Doctors & Nurses themed Fancy ...

FREE Fun & Games ... Long white lab coat with red cross emblem on breast pocket. ... Emergency Doctor. You scrub up well. 100% polyester. ...

http://www.sillyjokes.co.uk/themes/occupation-uniform/doctors-nurses/costumes.html - 53k - Cached - Similar pages

DMU................Self-proclaimed Super Geniuses cont. - Page 13 ...

EtOH, however is part of tradition as long as you don't 1) Have sex with a man 2) ... White coat=Doctor. If you didn't go to school for eight years just to ...

forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=4939739 - 237k - Cached - Similar pages

Adult Costumes | Frankel's Costume

Anyone up for a game of Doctor? Product #: 15023. Our Price: $16.95 ... Sexy Devil Lady Costume. A red dress with long mesh sleeves and belt. ...

http://www.frankelcostume.com/products.php?cat=7&pg=4&PHPSESSID=0a308a7a4121b1bf528783fa26cc1040 - 43k - Cached - Similar pages

realitycheck(dot)ie

over one million results

Hey there,

Not that I'm aiming to speed through the break in between the end of medical school and July 1st, but I've been thinking about where to purchase my new, long white coat. I know that some programs provide coats for their PGY-1s, and I've ran into some PGY-1s that had some pretty spiffy versions, but as far as I'm aware, my new home doesn't. Does anyone have any good recommendations for places to go that carries a good selection of coats? (A source in the Toronto area would be most useful.)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Hi Kirsteen:

I have no idea where one can actually buy a physican white coat as I have never bought one.

At Mac, there is a book store in the first floor of MUMC and I have seen white coats there. Not the ones that we use in the lab, but ones that are thicker.

Hope this helps!

Oh, and yes, congrads on your match!

Hi Kirsteen:

I have no idea where one can actually buy a physican white coat as I have never bought one.

At Mac, there is a book store in the first floor of MUMC and I have seen white coats there. Not the ones that we use in the lab, but ones that are thicker.

Hope this helps!

Oh, and yes, congrads on your match!

Hey there,

Thanks for the Mac recommendation; I'll have a wee look while I'm there. I was aiming to snag a coat that might be a bit more durable (and pen-mark-resistant--high hopes!) than the typical clerkship coats. Also, one that looks decent, a la Eliot's attending coat on Scrubs, would be marvellous. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Try emailing the producers of "House". All the cast have great white coats. lol

Hi,

They look okay, but seem to be a little stiff! (Stiff wouldn't be great when running around like a bit of a monkey, heading down to ER consults, etc.) I'm sure they had the Hollywood wardrobe folks sew some stuff up for them.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Speaking of sewing, you could do it yourself. If you're not the crafty type, you could get a tailor to make one for you. That way you could choose which specific fabric you'd like, and tailor it to your dimensions. If you just told the tailor to make it in a 'size X', it shouldn't be that expensive (not like a wedding dress or grad dress or anything complicated like that). A good tailor could whip a coat like that off in easily less than two hours, or even less than one!

Speaking of sewing, you could do it yourself. If you're not the crafty type, you could get a tailor to make one for you. That way you could choose which specific fabric you'd like, and tailor it to your dimensions. If you just told the tailor to make it in a 'size X', it shouldn't be that expensive (not like a wedding dress or grad dress or anything complicated like that). A good tailor could whip a coat like that off in easily less than two hours, or even less than one!

Ohhh, I want silk and with little pearl beads all over!:D

As a med student, is it an absolute requirement to wear a white coat when seeing patients? Or can you wear formal work clothing and leave it at that?

Hey,

It not only depends on the school but also on the rotation and preceptor. For example, during Surgery we were required to wear our coats but during Peds, no-one wore the coats.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived