Premed 101 Forums

Schulich scholarship letter

Did anyone else receive the letter from UWO inviting to fill out a Schulich Scholarship Application, addressed to bursary@uwo.ca?

I have already had my interview and this arirved 2 weeks afterwards. Does it mean ANYTHING?

thank you in advance for any information.

regards,

dialntin

They probably just want you to fill out the application since they have 20 of them to give out. This is probably a good sign that they've asked you to fill it out, which means that if you are admitted you have a really good chance at the schulich scholarship. However, this may be generic and sent to all interviewees encouraging them to apply in hopes of admission.

It probably means nothing...other than a general reminder to everybody who hasn't to fill out the form. I got it as well...what a crudely formatted email though...looks like a mess.

Yeah, they aren't very tech savvy at Med Sci. Oh well, it's to be expected, they aren't computer engineers.

Yeah, they aren't very tech savvy at Med Sci. Oh well, it's to be expected, they aren't computer engineers.

Wild guess here, but was the email from the Registrar's Office? That would explain the...err...lack of fit and finish on it.

The med school admin is generally top-notch. The UWO side of things - not so polished.

Sigh.

It probably means nothing...other than a general reminder to everybody who hasn't to fill out the form. I got it as well...what a crudely formatted email though...looks like a mess.

1)from your post I assume that you received the applcaition after the interview, right?

were we supposed to fill out the scholarship application prior to the interview? must have missed that part....

2) did anyone have the interview (23-25 march) and not get the application?

Wild guess here, but was the email from the Registrar's Office? That would explain the...err...lack of fit and finish on it.

The med school admin is generally top-notch. The UWO side of things - not so polished.

Sigh.

I love the registrars office at UWO they were so helpful when I was applying in November for my undergrad. But, their e-mails could use some buffing up.

I got the email too. I only interviewed on Saturday, so I doubt it has anything do to with how your interview went. I also spent a good 10 minutes reformatting it to be legible because it looked like they just copied and pasted the text off of a .pdf into an email.

I filled out the bursary/scholarship application webpage way back when we first got the email to do so. This one is just REALLY in depth as far as parental income and assets goes.

It says that it has to be filled out in addition to the online form we already did. I think this one is specific for the Schulich scholarships.

I'm pretty sure this was sent to all applicants. I haven't filled out the main application form yet and got the e-mail.

On another note, I sent an e-mail to the admissions office, and they said that I should enter parental information despite being out of high school for more than four years as of the start date, which seems to correspond with the content of the second e-mail.

Archived