Premed 101 Forums

5 minutes till midnight

co_b

Yeah I was wondering about that too... But I noticed that one of the form says that the deposit is due in April, but is refundable up to June 15th.... which just happens to be the same date that provisional acceptances become firm in Ontario... I'm assuming thats done intentionally...

you can pay the deposit and still be in OMSAS. What happens is that if you change your mind about mcgill and want to go elsewhere (ie: ontario), you have until june 15 to get the 500 dollars back. just don't forget to pay the mcgill deposit now because otherwise you will loose your spot at mcgill

I was confused. From Minerva:

Applicants are advised that the information displayed on this site may not be relied upon as an official acceptance to the University. The official admission decision is conveyed in its formal Letter of Acceptance.

So Minerva is unofficial, email is official. I thought that email was unofficial and letter mail was formal. I guess I'm old fashioned and think a "formal" letter should be on paper.

i guess this year they changed things. last year they tried to make it as paperless as possible. the official letter was the email attachment sent to you, last year. the only "real mail" we received from mcgill was a package with information on registration, frosh, medgames, stuff like that. i prefer a real formal letter as well and was a bit upset we didn't get the traditional red folder with the acceptance letter than previous years received :(

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't think this merited its own thread, but what have you guys received from McGill post acceptance?

I received a letter copy of the three files they sent via email for my records, and today I received an @mail.mcgill.ca email address (actually excited over it).

Archived