Premed 101 Forums

Late Interview/Bad Carving Score

Hi everyone

I am looking for some input on my situation. This is my first year applying and I only applied to Dal this year. I was granted an interview which I had to schedule late because I am currently overseas so it is scheduled for May 2. I just received my DAT scores

RC 19

AA 20 (Bio 19 and Chem 23)

PAT 17

carving 5

GPA 3.7

I really dont know what happened with the carving. I thought I did well. Apparently, I was wrong. I am still going to attend the interview but I think my chances are shot now. Any advice,thoughts? Of course I will have to rewrite the DAT in Nov.

can be good for doing the interview, the stress is off because you know you might not get in, so youll be relaxed. Maybe youll do a really nice interview and it will offset the bad carving! advice: always find the positive... happy people only percieve their reality to be good, regardless of what it really is like.

First, you have to determine how much weight, if any, is given to the carving section. In some schools, ie UWO, the carving section is not considered.

Even if you do not think you are competitive anymore, go to the interview as a practice. Sometimes it is the best thing you can do to prepare for the following year. Honestly, getting in one year later than planned is not very significant in the grand scheme of things.

Work on what you can still change, ie. practice well for the interview. Your carving score is out of your hands so don't worry about it for now. Of course, in the event that you do not get in, consider focusing some of your time on that section as you prepare for the November DAT.

First, you have to determine how much weight, if any, is given to the carving section. In some schools, ie UWO, the carving section is not considered.

Even if you do not think you are competitive anymore, go to the interview as a practice. Sometimes it is the best thing you can do to prepare for the following year. Honestly, getting in one year later than planned is not very significant in the grand scheme of things.

Work on what you can still change, ie. practice well for the interview. Your carving score is out of your hands so don't worry about it for now. Of course, in the event that you do not get in, consider focusing some of your time on that section as you prepare for the November DAT.

Adversary said it right, work on what you can, practice for interviews, it's a good experience.

Archived