Premed 101 Forums

Email or snail mail on May 15

i feel like it will be snail mail..because at the interview, leslie kept telling us "we control when we send the letters, but we can't control when you'll get them. did i already tell you not to call?"

but it would just be to their advantage to send an e-mail first, so they don't have everyone calling!

his/her acceptance from mcgill probably helped :P

LoL, this is probably true. But even before that, the notion of May 15th never popped into my head, unless a specific reference to it was made. I was actually thinking more about May 15th RIGHT after interviews. Now I'm in the intermediate phase where interviews are all finished and I can't do anything about them, but there's still one month before I find out what happens.

I also get extremely easily distracted. I'm studying for finals and just completed a 2 hour youtube excursion. I need to focus but can't.

I'm a he, btw.

Hey guys,

I spoke with the 1st years at my interview and they said that quite a few of them received congratulatory emails from their interviewers on may 15 before they got their mail. So you may hear from your interviewers via email before you get your package so you'll get the info sooner:p .

Hope this helps

This is how my day, on the 15th of May, 2006, unfolded....

Came into the lab at 10AM, turned my laptop on and left (because I had NO idea U of T was going to send out emails of any kind).

Went downstairs to talk to my buddy, who found out he was waitlisted at a school he interviewed... We talked a bit, listened to him and told him not to worry (sure enough, waitlist moved the next week and he was accepted)

At 11:30AM, came upstairs. Opened my Outlook, but talking to my gf on MSN at the same time. Although that little icon says I had mail, I didn't think it was important.

Did some work on the computer for an hour or so....

At 1PM, right before I went to lunch, I casually switched over to Outlook, and all I saw was "Marreen Shandling University of Toronto- Congraduations"

I gasped.... opened up the email right away, and read it 10 times to confirm that I didn't mis-read any word.... Tears in my eyes......

Called my mom, more tears in my eyes.... called my gf..... more tears... must be a bug in my eye.... emailed my brother to tell him to expect a package from U of T and NOT to crease or fold the envelope!

Later on that day, my brother called to tell me that the acceptance package was at home, but the bloody mailman had folded it in half in order to fit in the mailbox.

Hope your day, on the 15th of May, 2007, will be as surprising as mine.

Best of luck!

p.s. Grad students, including me, actually do work! :rolleyes: Just not on this particular day....

Since I was a genius and used my hotmail as the contact email, the acceptance went into Junk mail.

hahahahahahahahahahaha :) that is so funny... and i bet you got the email telling you how you can increase your manhood in 2 weeks. :D

You guys received your snail mail on the 15th as well? That's pretty crazy! How do they ensure you receive it on the date? they must send them out early but does that mean some people might get the letter before the 15th? Or maybe they send them out on the 14th and figure people will start receiving them on the 15th....

You guys received your snail mail on the 15th as well? That's pretty crazy! How do they ensure you receive it on the date? they must send them out early but does that mean some people might get the letter before the 15th? Or maybe they send them out on the 14th and figure people will start receiving them on the 15th....

Other possibilities include they sent it by express post OR that Canada Post is incredibly fast :D

Originally Posted by TBJ1

Other possibilities include they sent it by express post OR that Canada Post is incredibly fast

I got the e-mail on May 15th around 9:15am. The acceptance letter arrived to Kitchener two days later on May 17th. The letter was sent by regular mail (cost 1.05$)

Good luck everyone.

Hydes

• 2 weeks later...

Archived